If you're looking to try something new tonight, or perhaps find the perfect hostess gift, here are 10 suggestions and tasting notes from BevMo for Irish Whiskey that may lead you to your new favorite spirit.
1. Jameson Irish Whiskey: Delicate floral aromas with grainy notes and heat; light bodied, very smooth and clean with a touch of astringency on the finish.
2. Jameson 1780 Irish Whiskey: Jameson 1780 has a warm, spicy and assertively complex nose with smooth sherry sweetness.
3. Bushmills Irish Whiskey: It is a smoother, lighter whiskey without the smokiness of scotch.
4. Connemara Irish Single Malt: Connemara is more elegant in complexity. Natural ingredients, traditional distilling and long maturing in oak casks produce this award-winning whiskey.
5. Knappogue Irish Whisky 1995: Spicy and complex with graceful, lovely flavors of toasted vanilla, grass, sweet herbs, lavender and honeysuckle.
6. Midleton Rare Irish Whiskey: From County Cork, each bottle of this limited production gem is signed and numbered.
7. Paddy's Irish Whiskey: Distilled three times and matured in oak casks for up to seven years. High in malt content ensuring that Paddy's is one of the softest of all Irish Whiskeys.
8. Red Breast 12 Year Old Irish Whiskey: Made with malted and unmalted barley it is the only continuously produced 100% pure pot still Irish Whiskey.
9. Tullamore Dew Irish Whiskey: Medium to full bodied, and a long finish.
10. Tyrconnell Single Irish Malt: Tyrconnell is one of the oldest distilleries in Ireland, established in 1762. This selected whisky is distilled using the purest spring water and the finest malted barley.